Saturday, 14 January 2012

Better Giving September 2009

When I went to school many years ago, there was only one religion taught, that was Christian. So when we were told “It is better to give, than to receive” as a six or seven year old I was not convinced, I wanted a Fire Engine or something ! But as the years pass and you fall in love with someone, you want to buy them lots of things, and you then do think that it is better it give, than to receive. Love can go further than this, there is unconditional love, again at six or seven we don’t understand this. This is how I feel for Greyhounds not just mine but the many thousand that are badly treated by the racing industry every year. That is why for my fiftieth birthday, instead of personal presents I asked for donations for my charity, Tia Greyhound & Lurcher Rescue. In all honesty I did not expect to receive the amount that we did ! I never thought that there was so much love in the people I knew!
The tremendous pleasure that I have in passing this on to Tia gives me the TRUE feeling of love, and shows how it IS so much better it TO GIVE. So to those of you who showed their love a big thank you
The amount raised was £325.00

Lets all feel that love, App’y

No comments:

Post a Comment

I`m been stalked by a Skip company.

5 emails and 2 ‘phone calls in the last 24 hours! From a Skip company. When does this officially become stalking?