Friday, 13 January 2012

A Case of loyalty, July 2008

Emailing problems aside, App’y Talk is back this month. I hope you readers have stayed loyal through the gap.

Loyalty can be a matter of choice, are we European? British? Or just simply Yorkshire men and women?

It as been hinted at that, as a (Spen) committee member I should support the Yorkshire region hosting the National Feast of Lanterns at Pickering. However as a Spen committee member, should I support the DA and go to Carnforth? Well it’s simple for me with my two dogs they don’t like big meets and the meets don’t come any bigger than the National Feast of Lanterns.

Part of me still longs for the festival feel that a big meet like the National Feast of Lanterns would bring once you’re done the big festivals it’s in your blood! And I have. I’ve been there, I’ve done that and I’ve even sold the tee shirts (and books and badges) When back in the Eighties I worked in the Music Industry, doing a bit of this and a bit of that, up to the point of been Assistant Production Manager at a two day festival. Nothing gives you the buzz like been on stage in front of ten thousand people, even if five or six trouble makers are throwing cans at the band. My job was directing the security staff to evict them, not easy when you can’t see a thing with all the lights in your eyes!

A lot of fun, but I don’t want to go back there. Everything’s much more friendly now, or is it just the “Club’s” way of lifestyle?

Happy camping, App’y

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying To Make Chris An Apprentice, Didn`T Go Well.

It said on BBC Radio 2, that women who are 62 who cannot yet get their state pension till they are 66 were been told by the job centres ...