Saturday, 14 January 2012

Pork Pies and Greyhounds January 2009

Well that was Christmas, I hope you all had a good one and Santa brought you all you had wished for. I’d like to wish everyone a happy New Year, with lots of good weather for camping!

Top Gear continues to get funnier, but at other peoples expense usually Caravanners; I usually just let it go straight over my head. However a Top Gear presenter as really upset me, and this time it is Richard Hammond. In his advert for Morrisons, he clearly states the in-house butchers will prepare meet just the way he likes it! But you ask for anything a bit out of the norm and its different story!

I like to make my own Pork Pies for Christmas. I usually buy the meat from my local butcher, but since as I was already in Morrisons I thought I would use the butchery counter. I asked for “A pound of coarsely minced Gammon and two pound of Shoulder Pork, also coarsely minced please” The butchers face dropped! “ We don’t do Minced Gammon” I quickly replied “Well that’s not what your advert implies according to Richard Hammond you’ll cut meat just the way we like it!” A red face appears “You would have to buy ten pound in weight and I’ll mince it, but our mincer is so big it takes ten pounds before anything comes out” I just walked away… back to my usual butcher.

Whist on the subject of TV and Celebrity food have you noticed how they all seem to copy me. Last Christmas I had Betty round and I made her some Cream of Chestnut Soup. This year I made it again for her. Now all of a sudden every TV Chef is doing their version of it!

Once again I have taken this from the Tia Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue Newsletter

If you want someone who will eat whatever you make and will never say it’s not good as his mothers – adopt a Greyhound

If you want someone always willing to go out at any hour, wherever you want – adopt a Greyhound

If you want someone who doesn’t care about football and will sit next to you and watch romantic movies – adopt a Greyhound

If you want someone who never criticises you, doesn’t care if you are fat or thin, ugly or pretty, old or young, who acts as if every word you say is especially worthy of listening to and loves you unconditionally – adopt a Greyhound

If on the other hand you want someone who will never come when you call, ignores you totally when you come home, leaves hair all over the place, walks all over you, stays out all night coming home only to eat and sleep and acts as if your entire existence is solely to ensure their happiness – adopt a cat.

Now be honest – you thought I was going to say……………..Marry a man didn’t you?

By the way the pies were lovely

Happy camping App’y

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Only The Whole World Could Work Like This.

On Saturday night, I went to see three great bands, at my regular Goth Club. Sunday, I received a `Friends request` from the lead ...