As made at Spen Valley’s Summer Solstice 2009
Yield: Makes about 2 ½ gallons enough for about 50
|Betty with Bread|
5 to6 peppers diced
6 teaspoons sugar
4-5 teaspoons salt
6 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
|Chris dish out the casserole to Wilf|
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat until hot.
- Add onions, celery and garlic.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients except green beans and herbs
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Add green beans. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs
|All well fed|