Sunday, 3 June 2012

St John's Church Menston

This is where I intended having my World Goth Day Picnic (See that day’s Blog)
St John's Church Menston
Built in the early Gothic style in 1871, (But, I could not find who the Architect was.) And for an estimated cost of £1,000, originally with just one aisle. Soon it was realised that more seating was needed and in 1886 the north aisle was added. Further developed in 1920 as a thanksgiving for peace after the First World War, in 1950 in thanksgiving for peace after the Second World War and in 1970.

St John's Church Menston


2 comments:

  1. It looks really pretty :)
    I love looking around Churches and Graveyards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool old church and graveyard.

    ReplyDelete

If Only The Whole World Could Work Like This.

On Saturday night, I went to see three great bands, at my regular Goth Club. Sunday, I received a `Friends request` from the lead ...