Monday, 6 August 2012

A chance to play at Secret millionaire

I recently came across some money that I should not have had. It was not by dishonest means just corporate incompetence. If it had come from a small company or a real person I would have just given it back, but I have had unbelievable trouble in the past returning things to large corporates, but as I did not feel comfortable keeping it I decided to play Secret millionaire* thus.
I sent
10% to the Donkey Sanctuary.

http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/home

10% to the PDSA
http://www.pdsa.org.uk/

5% used to sponsor a Church to be floodlit to raise awareness for The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/
And the remaining 75% to Tia Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue

That is my favourite picture from Tia; Last Christmas at Tescos…..Every little helped

* Secret millionaire is a (UK) Channel 4 TV program in which a millionaire goes undercover, usually in a poor area, meets the people, does charity work, rediscovers him or herself and gives some of their own money to the charities and needy he / she have met. In a tear jerking finish (every week) it is usually the Secret millionaire who feels he / she has gained the most from the experience.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool dude, I'm sure you've touched a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure all those charities are thankful that you're such a generous guy - & great choice of charities.
    That was very mindful of you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...