Thursday, 16 August 2012

Goodbye my Holly

This morning Holly was unable to stand, she was having terrible trouble breathing and would not take her tablet even with chicken. It was with great sadness that we were left with over option other than to take her to the vets already knowing the sad outcome.
Trigger and Holly in 2009
We had had Holly for nearly 12 years.
A sad farewell. It is harder than when you lose a parent
It is one year and two days since we lost Trigger and I do not think she ever got over his death.
They had been together 2 years before we got them from Tia Greyhound Rescue
I am sure that they are now reunited.

http://tiagreyhounds.org/

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry, I had to put down a black lab I had had for 13 years, and the sorrow is devastating. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor, darling. That is such a hard thing. She was a very lucky dog to have a long life and such happiness with you. You are better for it too. Wishing you lots of comfort as you grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind thoughts. I cannot believe she had so many things we are having to give away or throw out. 3 beds + spare covers, 8 bowls, spoons, toys, towels, coats and all the food/treats

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reiterate Autumnforest's sentiments - she had a happy life with you, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been two years since we had to put down our Borzoi, Kaos. I still cry for him. It's a very difficult thing to have to do - you have my deepest sympathy.

    ReplyDelete

The Watery Grave

Back in may we had a weekend away in our caravan, and had a trip out to Malham for a walk to the falls.  Waterfalls at Malham On ...