Friday, 28 September 2012

MRI Scan Date

In the latest instalment of my bad knee. The Physiotherapist said I had to have a MRI scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging). And today I got the date for it. Along with the actual date and time came a whole pack of *Useful Information* and a MRI Safety Questionnaire. Which stated “The MRI Scanner uses a powerful magnetic field and therefore we need to make sure you are safe to enter the scanner.”

Ehhhhr I`m going off this ! 


From Google
  Basically they are asking if there is anything metal in my body like pacemakers or joints. I`m not too sure about the bit “Please come dressed in loose fitting clothes with NO zips or metal buttons” So my new goth bondage trousers are out then !


One other thing it said that I could bring an audio CD, at first I thought that was so I could get a copy of the images like when a new mum to be has a ultrasound, but then realized it was music for me to listen to. SO what would be fitting ?

Body Electric, Sisters of Mercy ?
Up Side Down, Magazine ?
Metal Postcard, Siouxsie and the Banshees ?
Good Technology, Red Guitars ?
X-Ray Eyes, Kiss ?
Every Breath You Take, The Police ?
Psychobin, Disease ?, from the 1980 Sheffield compilation album Bouquet of steel.

I had to share this with you.


Comment with more suggestions 


2 comments:

  1. From what I've heard, you should pick VERY LOUD music to try and drown out the noise of the machine. I think you should wear the bondage pants, just to see the look on their faces ... Good luck with your scan! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the scan goes well for you. If you haven't made up your mind about which CD to bring with you, I'd like to suggest Nightwish's Imaginaerum. It's 74 minutes long and should therefore, keep you entertained for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete

Waited For The Right Time, Place And People.

As I head ever-closer to retirement, I remember at school (Yes 40-odd years ago) a Games teacher said to me “Come out of your shell and ...