Thursday, 8 November 2012

Whitby Goth Weekend November 2012


To be honest I was a bit worried when Chris invited 2 of our friends from camping to come to Whitby with us; however the upside was that if Chris did not want to go to any of the clubs that I did she had 2 baby sitters, so I could go and leave her.
Richard, Chris and Marion
Wednesday night we all headed into town to the Little Angel which was packed and seen as we had got seats we decided to stay there for the night. A new beer Dark Angel was as good as promised.

Marion and Chris
Thursday night is The Sophie Lancaster Foundation Charity night at RAW. A lift provided easy access to the upstairs floor for Marion and we found nice comfy seats. I recognised Martin Oldgoth from the Facebook group and said hello, and introduced myself. One of the differences about Goths compared to main stream people is the general friendliness and unlike any other top DJ Martin not only acknowledged me but came and sat next to me and talked !!!

Whitby Goth Weekend
Later in the night a beautiful young girl called out my name and ran up to kiss me, It`s a long time since that had happened to me in a Club!  This was Danielle who had made my `Blood and Bats` shirt.
Chris was concerned how the loud music would affect Marion, but in the end it was Chris who wanted to call it a day first.

The Sophie Lancaster Bench
I had said a while back that our marriage was in a rut and we were heading for a `mid-life crisis` and that I was going to do different things in 2012 whilst I was still young enough to, whether or not she came along for the ride I was going to enjoy myself. This was the point that I was making my stand! And with having Richard and Marion here she could drive them back to camp and I would get a Taxi home later. It was agreed that at 11`O` clock that would happen.
I stayed to after midnight and got a taxi back, there was no harm done! 


Me in my Blood and Bats Shirt.
Friday morning and a quite early start to get to the Bizarre Bazaars before the crowds. I got the cards that I wanted, a new Weirdo, Musher, Freak hoody from the Sophie Lancaster Foundation stall, and a bottle of ginger wine from English Heritage.

Whitby Goth Weekend/ Custom Car Show
 Saturday morning we went back into Whitby to the Custom Car Show and Manic Market at the Metropole. Due to everything been a “Group decision” we did not join the Zombie walk
Chris
Saturday night. Shambles is on the East side and the club was mostly full of people in fancy dress rather than people who were part of the genre/ scene. The difference took some explaining to Richard! But a fun night was had by all.

Me in our Caravan Awning
Sunday night. Little Angel. Then I went to NOSTALGIA at RAW, this is when things went wrong I had said to Chris that I would be home just after midnight, but I was enjoying myself that much that I did not notice that time had flown past to 5 to 1, I am in deep trouble..

The Church at Grosmont, near Whitby
Monday, I was grounded from RAW,  we went to a village pub.

Marion, Richard and Me

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a fabulous time - so jealous! And you only got in trouble once, which seems pretty respectable. Love your Blood & Bats shirt, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sick and stuck in bed for the entire weekend - I would have been at Nostalgia otherwise... Thirding the outfit admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bottle of that ginger wine too, it's delicious :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...