Sunday, 23 December 2012

Victorian Gardener ?

Since realizing that I am still Gothic-minded, I have always thought that I could not dress Gothic for the work I do been a gardener I mainly need to wear weather-proof clothing. However sometimes the rain does stop and the Jack Pyke and High- Vis can come off.
Me at Work
  One TV Gardener that I liked although sadly is no longer with us was Harry Dobson.

The Late Harry Dodson
Image from Wikipedia
Harry became known as the Victorian Gardener and this gave me the idea to look in his books actually at the pictures of him and his dress. It soon became clear that I could easily emulate the style of a Victorian gardener and in fact I had not unknowingly been that far off. So queue white check shirts, waistcoats, brown corduroy trousers and boots. I might pass on the flat caps though.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about making myself up some Victorian Gardening Gear for working on my veggie patch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I hate to be dim but what are flat caps? :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...