Sunday, 10 February 2013

Spizzenergi + Pink Peg Slax + Old`sCool at The Brudenell Club, Leeds

Somewhere there is a law of physics that determines. If you go out on a Saturday night and feel half your age on Sunday morning you will feel twice your age! This is true! Also sorry for the quality of my pics, I go out to enjoy myself with only a small camera, it`s only to give you an idea of what you missed. 
Old`s Cool

 The first band on was Old`s Cool a cover band who said they would play some Punk and New Wave covers to warm us up ready for Spizzenergi. And boy did they just, from the first bars of New Model Army`s No Rest though London Calling, Swords of a 1000 men, Into the Valley, A town called Malice to even a great play of Joy Division`s Transmission and Elvis Costello`s Pump It Up. A fantastic opening act, well worth catching. 


Pink Peg Slax
 Next up were Pink Peg Slax, a Rockabilly group from Leeds, that I had seen many times in the 80`s Still a good band playing 50`s type Rock n Roll. I like them for a change, but seemed a bit of an odd choice between Old`s Cool and Spizzenergi.


Spizzenergi
 It may be nearly 30 years since I last saw Spizz. What have I been doing? They were totally brilliant. If anything like good wine time had made them better. They played their classics. Early in the set were Spocks Missing, Amnesia and surprisingly Soldier Soldier, with a new arrangement from the 1979 single. The crowd went wild in Virginia Plain. And all too soon came the climax Where`s Captain Kirk.

Spizz


What a night. What a group. I don`t remember them been that good.

It is fair to say at this point that the majority of the crowd were my side of 45, we were once called the X generation or the Lost generation, but we ARE the generation that knows how to have a good time. 


1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you about that law of physics. That happens to me almost every time I go clubbing, which isn't all that often anymore. I'm glad you got to enjoy Spizz. Artists and musicians do get better with age. It's just that we live in youth-oriented cultures that make many bands irrelevant after eight or ten years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...