Monday, 4 March 2013

ZEITGEIST ZERO + THE BIG SNAKES MYSTERY ORCHESTRA + TOKYO WITCH HUNT, Flock Leeds

The first Saturday of the month means it`s my night out at Flock, and this month we were treated to three bands.
Opening the evening were TOKYO WITCH HUNT a two piece eclectic keyboard and bass band. Very visually pleasing with catchy sounds a good start to the night.


THE BIG SNAKES MYSTERY ORCHESTRA 
Next up THE BIG SNAKES MYSTERY ORCHESTRA. I am no musician but my first thoughts were “What an exciting variety of interments” Then the band came on. We had , a cello, drums a six string bass and a ukulele. Wow, in fact WOW they were brilliant. I have to say the most brilliant of all was the bass player, who played the bass like a lead guitar. The set just seemed to fly by, I could have watched it all over again. Their face book page describes them as “anti-skiffle, swing, alternative” I`d just say “Great” with influences from David Bowie to Cab Calloway to Bauhaus. Quite a mix, but a good one at that.

The headliners were ZEITGEIST ZERO. I would describe them as burlesque in appearance, but with a more electronic rock / alternative sound. A great way to finish the live part of the night.

As per usual the DJs played a fine selection of my favourite music mixed with what I call new Goth. A funny note here is my mate said of one record “This must be from about 1992, it`s really old school” I replied “1992 is new to me”

Once again my photos are not worth putting on here, so here are some links to some youtube  videos from the night.


TOKYO WITCH HUNT

THE BIG SNAKES MYSTERY ORCHESTRA

ZEITGEIST ZERO

1 comment:

  1. The Big Snakes sound awesome! I love the cello, and toss in a ukelele and I bet they were brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...