Monday, 1 April 2013

Some Vintage Things of Mine.





To join in on Victorian Kitty of Sophisticate Noir`s monthly themed compilation of posts, here are some pictures of some of my things that could be considered vintage and although they do not have any monetary value I treasure them dearly as most belonged to my parents or grandparents.

I hope you find these interesting.

Granddad at work sometime in the 1920`s
 I remember this photo been always on my Grandmothers dressing table. It is of my Granddad at work sometime in the 1920`s he was a Chauffeur and my Grandmother was a Cook at a big house, like, but smaller than, TV`s Downton Abbey.
Dad`s Pocket Watch
 My Fathers Pocket Watch, used when he was in the Police and a Bus Driver.
Liqueur Glasses
These Liqueur / Sherry Glasses were a wedding present to my Grand Parents, so about 1920ish. Sadly only 5 have survived the interim 90- 100 years. I sometimes have a Cointreau in one whilst I watch Downton Abbey.
Mum`s Cook Book
A 1959 Cook Book, of my mums which came with a Creda Cooker note how it is called “Housecraft Manual” and as well as recipes gives help on` laundry`, `Table Decorations` and `Taking a Pride in one`s Home`.

Now please check out Sophisticate Noir`s  lovely blog to find more vintage posts

I hope I`ve got the link bit right !




4 comments:

  1. Your family treasures are beautiful. Your grandfather looks like he's very proud of his chauffeur job. It must have been a boys dream to drive those exclusive cars at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Alastair, you're doing a theme post!! :D

    I loved looking at all your vintage treasures - especially the photo of your grandad. That's so cool! And I bet there's some funny stuff in that Housecraft Manual!

    I have some small sherry glasses from my grandparents too, but I think I only have three left if I remember right. They're pretty tiny so I don't use them much. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In 2013 the Cook Book does read quite sexist, telling the `housewife` she “will be working while the rest of the family are resting” and “A husband will require” etc. etc. It shows how some things have changed for the better!

      Delete
  3. Pleased to find your blog and also the excellent pictures you have frequently! cheapest runescape gold

    ReplyDelete

When You`re a Gardener And a Sisters Fan

I hear the roar of a big machine Two pulleys, belt in between Hot metal and it’s slipped again Lawnmower down. Just in cas...