Sunday, 27 October 2013

The Skeletal Family, Bradford

On Thursday night I once again braved my luck and headed down to Bradford. The bus was 20 minutes late and despite printing the Google directions I went out of Bradford bus station by the wrong exit and got lost again!
I eventually found my way to the club Vampire just in time to catch the support band Dawn of Elysium, who I first saw a couple of months ago and as before they played a great set.
The Skeletal Family, Vampire Bradford
A quick turn around on stage and it was time for the main act The Skeletal Family, who are from Keighley the Yorkshire Dales Mill Town who`s most famous residents were The Bronte Sisters. Everyone here will know of Wuthering Heights etc.

The Bronte Sisters (pic form Google)
That must be something to follow, with tonight been the warm-up for their American tour starting on Sunday and was also a bit of a “See you” gig as we say in Yorkshire.

The Skeletal Family, Vampire Bradford
Although I am not a hard-core fan of The Family I soon could be the set was great and I really recommend going to see them if you get the chance. The classic Gothic line up of 3 guitars, drums and female tick all the boxes for me.

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I've walked out of the wrong exit in a train station and ended up wasting an hour trying to find the hotel before asking a local for directions. :P

    Thankfully you got there in time to see a bit of the first act! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There just seems to be a jinx on me when I go to Bradford, even after 35 years, at least I don`t nearly get arrested nowadays (hope)

      Delete

England`s Patron Saint

Apparently it was St George`s day last week we were meant to celebrate a bloke who killed an endangered species Anne stokes Art...