Monday, 11 November 2013

Bonfire Meet

Last weekend we joined another Camping group for their bonfire meet, it was at Wetherby Race Course, where we had camped a few weeks ago.
The hoisting group, Leeds District Association is much larger than whom we normally camp with and a lot younger and also a lot better organized !
The Bonfire ready to be lit
For those of you reading this outside the UK. The 5th of November also known as Guy Fawkes Night or just Bonfire Night, is when we celebrate or mark the event when Guy Fawkes and a few others tried to blow-up the Houses of Parliament in 1604 and kill King James. Basically they were caught and burned hence the fire and fireworks.

Fireworks (It`s hard to photo with my camera)
Had I not camped but stopped at home and gone out on Saturday night, at the Club I go to Morderstein (The Rammstein tribute act) were on again, so I would not have gone. Instead I did get to see some good fireworks here.

The Bonfire starting to go.

More Fireworks.
After we went inside for “Pie and Peas” and a disco that was my sort of thing but it was nice to talk to friend that I had not seen for a while.  
There was a singer (I think it`s the one holding the mic.)

On Sunday morning we had a final get together before having lunch and heading home. All in all an interesting and fun weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some bonfire! I can't believe it's still warm enough for you to go camping ... although maybe you can camp right through the winter over there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was down to +4C on Saturday night, remember when I say camp I mean in a caravan with heater, cooker and hot water etc.

      Delete

When You`re a Gardener And a Sisters Fan

I hear the roar of a big machine Two pulleys, belt in between Hot metal and it’s slipped again Lawnmower down. Just in cas...