Wednesday, 27 November 2013

They Never Did Take Me Alive.


My TV provider keeps pestering me to add BT Sports (At extra cost) so I told them.


They Never Did Take Me Alive.
They very nearly did get me once; it was the second to last week before we went on stand-down for the final exams before I could leave school for good. I was in History class which we had in the library, a room often used by kids avoiding PE and Games, in fact I had spent many an hour in an out of the way corner keeping my head down and been unnoticed by all. On this near catastrophic day a PE teacher who had started at the school when I was in the second year came in and told our teacher that he was looking for dodgers. The librarian said “Everyone in here should be, they`re all mine.” But the PE teacher was looking around and saw me who he did not recognize and said “Who are you?” I gulped and the librarian said “He`s with me” but the PE teacher carried on “I don`t know you!!” that was echoed around the class. Bright red and shouting, he went on “When do you do games?” Of cause I had not been to that part of the school for four and a half years, but I said “Monday afternoon sir” by now the veins on his forehead were standing out and everyone was expecting him to explode, literally He screamed “I want to see you there!!” As he left the room the class were still coming to terms with the fact that I had not been to the gym for all that time.

Come Monday I thought it better to take the whole day off and did just that,

Well… I`d nothing to wear!



They Never Did Take Me Alive.
Over the next few weeks I took my exams, went back to school for one last day. That was the happiest day of my life at the time, and I walked away with my head held high (and my arse intact) and NEVER LOOKED BACK. I didn`t even go back for my results!

My old school..pic off Google

They Never Did Take Me Alive.
 

 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. OMG, Alastair ... it literally looks like a prison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very bad and old photo Lynne, the side you can see is all glass, what looks white was actually blue with a wall behind. But the five years I was there were the worst years of my life.

      Delete
  2. I had similar experiences in school. I had a junior high PE teacher who would take us outside during nice weather and force us to play football; that is, American football, a gladiator sport in my opinion. At the time, I was tall, thin and lanky. Still, he would always put me up against one of the biggest guys in the class, who incidentally, didn't like me. Every time the ball was hiked the big guy would throw punches at me while I tried to move out of his way. Then, the PE teacher would scream and yell at me, demanding that I do more to block the bug guy's running advance. It was bad enough that other kids hated and bullied me, but did the teacher have to do it too? I absolutely hated that gym class and like you, was ecstatic to finally be done with it.

    I chose a high school on the other side of the city and was finally away from that misguided mentality. Still, to this day, I have no love of sports. Give me a good book and good music any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to know I`m not alone. I won`t even start on the “Sport causes violence” argument

      Delete

I`m been stalked by a Skip company.

5 emails and 2 ‘phone calls in the last 24 hours! From a Skip company. When does this officially become stalking?