Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Quasimodo + The Lost Souls at The Pack Horse, Leeds

After a bad day at work where everything seemed to go wrong I thought it best not to go out in the car. The way things were going it would just be my luck to get stopped on the way and “Can you blow into this bag sir” So I decided to get the bus. It did not come, however a chap at the bus stop, and who I did not know suggested we shared a taxi into town, which we did.
Ade of The Lost Souls
Once in the pub I was greeted my Ade from The Lost Souls who plied me with beer! Paddy had put me on the guest list, so I got in free, and Joel from Quasimodo said calmingly “You’re here now, so relax and enjoy yourself” More beer came my way and I did!
Quasimodo`s Joel
The Lost Souls opened with So Far Away and went on to play a good selection of songs from their forthcoming album, mostly their own songs, but they do cover Gang of Four`s Tourist and Joy Division`s Digital. The Lost Souls are a Post Punk stile band that takes you back to those days. Go see them if you can, you won`t be disappointed.
The Lost Souls at The Pack Horse, Leeds
Quasimodo, are also from Leeds and also played a great set, highlights (Or the ones I can remember the names of) were Solider of Love and Bomb in the House of Love. Another band to watch out for and GO SEE!

Quasimodo at The Pack Horse, Leeds
The gig finished at eleven and I made it out for the last bus home. It was a good end to a bad day.

6 comments:

  1. I am definately going to check out Lost Souls! Thanks for posting. I hope your day goes better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find The Lost Sous on Sound Cloud here...https://soundcloud.com/thelostsouls

      Delete
  2. Good tunes and a few beers always makes the world a brighter place, IMHO. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good friendly night out yes

      Delete
  3. That description of the gig sounded pretty awesome and pics are nice. :) Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just take snaps on my `phone and see what happens, I just go to enjoy myself, you can always steal/share better pics from the professionals on Facebook

      Delete

Goth on the Croft 2018 calendar

I came across this super calendar rising money for The Sophie Lancaster Foundation a few weeks ago and decided to buy one for myself. ...