Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Sacrosanct 2014 Part 1 Friday

 
So at last it`s near the end of September, that means Sacrosanct in Reading, England. I am very lucky that my step son and family live close to Reading and I can combine the Festival with a week with them, and it also means they will keep my wife occupied whilst I am at the Festival.

We had a quite good journey down and arrived at our son`s house in time to unload the car and have a quick cup of tea before going to pick up our grandson from nursery. Then just time for a quick play before I had to get ready and catch the train to Reading.


Not my pic,` cos it`s of me taking a pic thanks.
Sacrosanct is held at The Face Bar, but almost next door is The Butler pub where a lot go for a pre gig drink,  I joined in this and met Shaun who came down from York. I him know a bit so we talked whilst drinking, then on to the Face Bar.

Once inside Joel, form Leeds band Quasimodo came and said “hi” so most of the weekend we talked on and off. All in all I was quite surprised how many people I knew so far from home.
 
 
IN LOVING MEMORY
I have photos, but not all are mine!

Now the bands. My memory is just not up to reviewing each band one by one I will just say that without exception ALL were great!

Here is the full list

Friday 26th September
STILL PATIENT
THE FACES OF SARAH
IN LOVING MEMORY
Saturday 27th September
NOSFERATU
THE LAST CRY
LOTUS FEED
SIIIII
SAIGON BLUE RAIN
Sunday 28th September
VENDEMMIAN
SWEET ERMENGARDE
SOROR DOLOROSA
NINE DAY DECLINE
DRU AMELIA

STILL PATIENT
The time for me to leave came all too soon, I had to get the last train, which I did. But on the last bit of road to my son`s I tripped over something, fell ripped my trousers and gashed my knee! It had going so well up till then!
More to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spear of Destiny + Rhombus + 1919 at the Brudenell Club Leeds

Some pics from last Tuesday`s gig. 1919 You can tell for which band I made sure I was at the front for Rhombus ...