Thursday, 19 March 2015

Police and Gardeners

I originally posted this in January 2012 when I started making my Blog out of the back catalogue of the columns I had written for our caravanning group newsletter so not many people read it. (10) But was reminded of it when I read a great post "a lesson in saving roses" by Goth Gardening
The scene of the crime ?
Last time I finished with the words “That never happened to Alan Titchmarsh!” Here is something else to go in that folder.

Police car from the TV series Heartbeat at Goathland where it`s filmed
I was at one of my larger gardens just off the A59, having my 10 O’ clock break when I saw out of the corner of my eye a man walking up the drive (there are electric gates which were closed. I jumped out of my car and shouted at him “Who are you?” he replied “POLICE, who are you?”  I responded equally “Gardener what’s up?” There were now two of them and I don’t think he was pleased to see me, but he had a lump in his trousers [ he was carrying a gun, which normal English Police don`t do]  they were from Menwith Hill secret military listening base, he told me that they were responding to a personal attack alarm going off. This is when things started to go wrong when I started to explain “No alarm has gone off, “I did set an alarm off about three weeks ago” I just managed to stop myself from saying “Have you just got here” Instead I went on “the house is empty he (The owner) went away in a chauffeur driven car about 8:45. We have cameras and infer-red beams, but I don’t think there are any personal attack alarms” They contacted their HQ who in turn contacted the private security company and they confirmed there was no one inside and it must be a fault. As I said at the beginning that never happens on TV.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was not nice, but it all ended well.

      Delete
  2. App'y, this is the best! Ha ha. I wish you had said, "have you just got here" :p Thank you for reposting this. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I thought you`d like this.

      Delete
  3. Hilarious! I can imagine the look on those two's faces if you had indicated they responded to an alarm that was three weeks ago! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A case of "The left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing" I think there.

      Delete
  4. woah, i guess id have been in shock XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just another day at the office, and it gave me something to talk / write about.

      Delete

Trying To Make Chris An Apprentice, Didn`T Go Well.

It said on BBC Radio 2, that women who are 62 who cannot yet get their state pension till they are 66 were been told by the job centres ...