Monday, 16 March 2015

The Kast off Kinks at Skipton

This was the first caravanning trip of the year and as usual it was at Skipton Cattle Mart. By chance one of my all-time favourite bands was playing there on Friday night.

Skipton Cattle Mart
We arrived at lunch time and got set up in the front carpark; there was a Farm Machinery sale on, on Saturday morning taking up the back parking area.

Andy, the market manager had told our stewards that any camper who wanted to see any of the night`s shows could have 50% off the ticket price if we showed our camping club card in the ticket office. This meant for 2 tickets it saved us £20, the camping fees were only £14 for 2 nights, so by going in the caravan we sort of made £6!

The Kast off Kinks at Skipton Cattle Mart
We have seen The Kast off Kinks before, the last time in a normal club setting with carpets, comfy seats and a bar. This gig set in a cattle sale ring was a bit different; the sound rig was a bit on small side due to the original one been stuck on the motorway but did the job.

The Kast off Kinks at Skipton Cattle Mart
 Over the past 51 years, The Kinks have had so many hits. They played all my loads of my favourites from You Really Got Me (1964) to Come Dancing (1982) which was last record I played when I DJed the last night at The Fforde Greene pub in Leeds before the music room was made into a pool hall. Sunny Afternoon, Dead-end Street not forgetting Lola
The Kast off Kinks at Skipton Cattle Mart
There was an interval but the bar in a nearby room was packed so I went by to our caravan for some tins I knew the security was so poor I could get it in., but as I was walking back at another door 2 of the band were having a smoke so I went to talk to them. They are really nice people.

The second part was a bit louder and more people danced by the time we got to the last song Louie Louie everyone was stood up dancing.

View from Skipton Cattle Mart
A great night and not far to walk `home` to bed!
Check out it their website http://kastoffkinks.co.uk/ 
 

10 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a nice time with a lot of memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great weekend and well The Kinks music have been in my life from me been 4!

      Delete
  2. Pretty awesome that you got to see that tribut band.
    My personal favorite from the Kinks is their "I'm not like everybody else."
    Nice scenery, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I should have said above all the members of The Kast off Kinks have played in The Kinks at some time over the years; Jim Rodford (bass / vocals) 1978-96, Ian Gibbons (keyboards / vocals) 1979-96’ Dave Clarke (vocals / guitar) 1969-76 and original drummer Mick Avory 1964-96.

      Delete
  3. What a blast! And, what a gorgeous setting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wohoo! You saved money and got to see a cool band! Glad to hear you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always astounded by how early you guys can start camping! Sounds like a wonderful night ... I'm always happy when a Kinks song comes on the radio. Nice that it wasn't far of a walk home afterwards, too!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, it was cold but we did not have any frost, unlike this morning (Wednesday) when I had to scrape car windows. We have a good heater in our caravan it was on most of the time.

    ReplyDelete

England`s Patron Saint

Apparently it was St George`s day last week we were meant to celebrate a bloke who killed an endangered species Anne stokes Art...