Wednesday, 15 April 2015

The Liebster award 2015

I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Sylvie from Little Crop Goth Girl blog…. http://littlecorpgothgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/an-unexpected-surprise.html  thank you Sylvie.
The Liebster award is given to fellow bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
 
THE RULES:

1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have fewer than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 random facts about me.

I was the Chef at the 1980 World Curling Championship in Inverness (Scotland)

I do charity work for Tia Greyhound Rescue.


Me on the right
When I visit my parents and grandparents graves in the dark winter months, I like to ware my Top hat and long coat. It gives other people there a fright!

I was The Judge for the vegetable classes at the last Harewood Horticultural Show in 2000.

Harewood House
I hated school so much that when I left (40 years ago) I never returned even for my exam results, and did not have contact with anyone until last year when a good friend found me on Facebook.

In 1977 where I worked made the (then) world’s biggest Yorkshire pudding.

Me on right again
Rechargeable batteries, never seem to last as long as they should for me.

I used to get into trouble for writing in purple ink.  

I had my picture on Goths Up Trees

 
In my teen`s I used to grow my hair till it was half way down my back. But now it drives me mad when it gets more than an inch long.

I was the DJ on the last night at The Fforde Greene pub in Leeds; it had been a music venue for over 40 years by then.

The 11 Questions from Sylvie

1.  When and why did you start blogging?
2012, when my first grandson was 3 days old I had an email from *Him* inviting me to follow his Blog. I also wanted to have my company name on line and it seemed a good way to do that. The first 20 or so posts were originality columns I had written for a caravanning newsletter.

2.  With MP3s and internet streaming, do you still buy CDs or DVDs?
Yes

3.  How would you describe your style of dress?
Elegant, Smart, or Casual. No Sportswear, No Baseball caps. No trainers.

4.  What religion or philosophy do you ascribe to?
For years I would have said “None Practicing Christian”, but recently I think “None Practicing Pagan” seems more like it. And the music`s better.

5.  What are your favourite TV shows on the air right now?
DCI Banks, Downton Abbey and the quiz Pointless.

6.  What other hobbies do you participate in, besides blogging?
Caravanning, Greyhound rescue and Live Music (Goth)

7.  If you participate in the arts, which ones do you participate in?  Are you a hobbyist or a professional?
I guess you could call my work an art, so Gardening.

8.  If a movie was being made about your life, which actor/actress would play you?
Daniel Radcliffe for the young me and Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean)

9.  Choose one: Coffee or tea?
NO I can`t Coffee in a morning, Tea later

10.  What colours have you dyed your hair?
In my Punk days it was bleached silvery white, more recently I had it sort of purple-ish

11.  Introvert, extrovert, or
ambivert?

Introvert.

I won`t nominate anyone for this as I know a lot do not like these things, but if you wish to join in then please do and comment below.

My 11 Questions

Do you know people who you think are like characters in Harry Potter?

Do you ever take your own drink into clubs because of the prices they charge?

Do you still have, or even ever had and play any vinyl records?

Do you hate Mondays?

Do you think Energy drinks work?

What do you do when you're drunk?

What`s your favourite place?

How many pairs of shoes / boots do you own?

Are you a tidy person?

Do you have a phrase you often use?

Have you ever taken a photo of a `No photos` sign?
 
I think that does it. Have fun, and thank you all for reading.
 


8 comments:

  1. I love it! I love your questions. I drew a blank when I had to write them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!

    Do you ever take your own drink into clubs because of the prices they charge? Hell yeah! Isn't that why they invented flasks :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cool facts about you, loved the post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world's largest Yorkshire pudding ... that's something I'd like to have seen! I never knew you were a chef, but I guess I should have realized since you've shared such good recipes. in the past. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We put it in back of a truck and drove around town giving out small pudding. I am actually more qualified and experienced in catering than in horticulture. Ill hearth forced the change after 19+years.

      Delete

England`s Patron Saint

Apparently it was St George`s day last week we were meant to celebrate a bloke who killed an endangered species Anne stokes Art...