Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Bondville Miniature Village Visit

Sewerby Bridlington, Yorkshire, UK.
Me at Bondville Miniature Village
 On Saturday we went to this, I had not been to a model village since I was about 10.
At Bondville Miniature Village
 The following words are taken from their Face Book Page, but the pictures are mine.
At Bondville Miniature Village
Bondville Miniature Village is a masterpiece of 1/12 scale buildings, built in 1981 by Geoff and Carol Cooper.
At Bondville Miniature Village
Now the fourth owners` with the help from of the original founders are renovating the village back to its former glory
At Bondville Miniature Village
There is incredible attention to detail, with hundreds of handmade and painted character figures. Over 200 individual and unique buildings and carefully crafted scenes of everyday life, all set in a 1 acre garden.
At Bondville Miniature Village

At Bondville Miniature Village

6 comments:

  1. That is so neat! I've never seen a miniature village in person before. Is that second picture part of the village, or the place where the model actually is? Cause if it's part of the mini village, then THAT'S pretty amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Abbey ruin is a model, the only life size thing in the pictures is me! A lot of work been put in there for sure.

      Delete
  2. Super cute! Are there many miniature villages on show in GB? I just recently watched an episode of Midsomer Murders and they had their murder in a miniature model village and it looks like it was about that size. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are not as many miniature villages as there used to be when sea-side holidays were the norm, but I know of 3 or 4 so there must be more.

      Delete
  3. It looks fabulous. I must go there next weekend but hope weather will be good. I was just in Hague in miniature world http://zapiskizangielskichpodrozy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/madurodam-kwiecien-2013.html .

    ReplyDelete

Waited For The Right Time, Place And People.

As I head ever-closer to retirement, I remember at school (Yes 40-odd years ago) a Games teacher said to me “Come out of your shell and ...