Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Quickest Ever WGW ?

I had no intention of going to Whitby Goth Weekend this time, most of the bands that were on at the Spa I had seen in smaller venues in the last few months and I don`t like the hordes of `dresser - uppers` and photographers that the event attracts in the town on Saturday and Sunday.
The Last Cry (Graham`s Pic)
However on Thursday night at the charity event for the Sophie Lancaster Foundation The Last Cry was playing. This would mean a 162 mile round trip to see the gig. But I did just for that.
The Last Cry (Martin`s Pic)
I left home at 6.35. The first 60 mile was a good drive,  but then I ran into thick fog, and I mean Thick. When I got into Whitby I parked in the station car park which used to be free after 6.30 and found they now charge all day and night. I had to go to the Co-Op to get some change.

The Last Cry (Graham`s Pic)
It was good to see some friends in the club, and The Last cry played a great acoustic set in this smallish club. Just had time to say thanks to Andrew Birch before heading off into the fog. I arrived home at ten to one.

The Last Cry

6 comments:

  1. Riding a train in the fog is spooky and fun; driving, not at all. Glad you made it there and back safely... And got to hang with some friends while there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and thanks, WGW is addictive you have many reasons why not to go, but you still do.

      Delete
  2. I would like to attend WGW some day. But then again, I'm not much for hordes of people. I would likely be just as contented to stay in Whitby for a few days when nothing is going on. It looks like a wonderful place and a friend from Yorkshire tells me that a venue called The Magpie has some of the best fish and chips around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some really interesting small shops and pubs in Whitby. As for fish and chips, there are in my view better places than the Magpie, which is the most famous and attracts the tourists by the bus load.

      Delete
  3. So nice that you had a good evening, never mind the fog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou it was good to see The Last Cry in a small place

      Delete

Trying To Make Chris An Apprentice, Didn`T Go Well.

It said on BBC Radio 2, that women who are 62 who cannot yet get their state pension till they are 66 were been told by the job centres ...