Thursday, 9 June 2016

Why I Am Not worried About A Terrorist Attack!

40 odd years ago when I was at school, I was in the bottom eight of the `pecking order` in my year, that is say I was one of 8 who were picked on or bullied the most. Basically I faced a one in eight chance of been physically or mentally assaulted every day for the 5 years I was at secondary/high school.
1 in 8
Pic from google
So when `they` say there is a high risk of a terrorist attack a people stop going out to pubs, theatres, clubs and restaurants etc. I think we need to `Do the numbers`

Thus:

Terrorists seem to attack about every 4 weeks on a weekend. So that`s a 1 in 4 chance it will be the weekend you are going out.

1 in 4

There`s about 20 country`s terrorists seem to attack. So that`s a 1 in 20 chance it will be your country.

1 in 20 X 4, from above.

Birmingham 1974 (Pic from google)
In the UK there`s about 20 major cities which terrorists may think to attack. So that`s a 1 in 20 chance it will be your town / city.

1 in (4 X 20 X 20)

London (Pic from google)
I think in my city there could be well over 500 pubs. How the hell are they going to find the one I`m in? but if we just say 1 in 100 we are been very pessimistic.

So that`s now 1 in (4 X 20 X 20 X 100)

Which means

1 in 160,000

And that`s why I am not worried about a terrorist attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I`m been stalked by a Skip company.

5 emails and 2 ‘phone calls in the last 24 hours! From a Skip company. When does this officially become stalking?