Sunday, 30 October 2016

I`ve Heard That Somewhere Before

You never know who is reading your posts. A couple of years back I had a good night out at a gig in a pub that brews its own beer. I had quite a bit, and when I went outside, it hit me I headed for the bus stop and had to cross a duel carriageway with shrubs in the central reservation, as I walked over them I remember thinking “Well at least I can them all in Latin.” When I got to the bus stop I posted that thought on Facebook
CAMELLIA williamsii
CEANOTHUS Blue mound
COTONEASTER Variegatus
HYPERICUM Guttiferae
I have just watched an episode of Sherlock and in it Dr. Watson says to man “I am a Amy Doctor, I can break every bone in your body whilst naming them in Latin! 
Hummmm That sounded familiar …….. Wonder if one of the writers had read my post?

2 comments:

  1. I've never figured out whether it's called Cotton Easter (that's how my parents used to pronounce it) or Cotoney Aster. Which is it, Alastair? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I`m not getting into that one ! You say banana and I say banana etc.

      Delete

England`s Patron Saint

Apparently it was St George`s day last week we were meant to celebrate a bloke who killed an endangered species Anne stokes Art...